Sunday, June 13, 2010

Frozen Faves…

Like our new look?  We added a banner behind the title of the blog, depicting our favorite ice cream flavors.  G8 colored the center 2 cones, and S6 colored the end cones. 

And now, presenting our frozen fave’s…(The kids wrote their own descriptions.  Anything in brackets is part of the “editing”)

Mike: Who doesn’t like Chocolate ice cream? It’s true there are many flavors to choose from – almost too many! Sometimes ice cream flavor listings resemble a laundry list…literally. Muddy Sneakers? Dirt?

There are precious few ice cream flavors ice cream I wouldn’t try at least once. Chocolate is the old standby. It’s the flavor you feel bad ordering because there are so many other exotic combinations to try. But, you know that if you can’t chose from the 39 flavors scribbled on the chalkboard quickly enough,  you won’t be disappointed by chocolate.

Esther: When we go out, I often order something I love, but no one else in the family enjoys.  That way, I get to enjoy the flavors I like and don’t have to hear all the complaining. 

One of those flavors is pistachio.  I love nuts, particularly pistachios.  The nutty flavor and the little crunch goes great with the creaminess of the base.

But the real reason I included it in the banner? I thought a little green would zest up the picture a little! (My true favorite is coconut ice cream.)

G8:  Hi! My ice cream cone is the blue[one].  It’s on the right and is the third one.  It is blue because [the flavor] is called Smurf or Cotton Candy.  [I first tried it] at Chuck Hafner’s Garden Center  in North Syracuse. [Hafner’s has an ice cream stand right inside the garden center.]

[By the way, G8 doesn’t even really know what a Smurf is.  They’re not on TV anymore!]

S6:  Hi! I did the orange one [at the end].  [I chose this] because it is mango sorbet.  It is good!  You have to try it!

[Check out our Mango-Ginger Sorbet]

Your Turn…What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?

1 comment:

Lo said...

this is the cutest blog EVER!!!! i'm boring like mike - my default is vanilla - but it has to be vanilla bean by breyers - with the bean specks! =P otherwise my all time favorite is the now extinct White Russian from Ben & Jerry's - a mix of my 2 favorites, vanilla and coffee. =)