Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Running Errands

I had to run a couple errands over the weekend. Since I wanted to let Esther have some time to herself, I took the kids with me. Of course, nothing is free. The cost of dragging the kids along with me to three different stores: ice cream.

IMG_8620 On the way back from the shopping misadventure, we stopped at Carvel in DeWitt. I remember going to Carvel as a kid. It’s changed through the years, but still remains a good place to have great tasting ice cream. In fact, recently Carvel increased their portions. The “kiddie size” is now closer to a small.

Since we were on a schedule (after all, I broke a cardinal rule and had ice cream BEFORE dinner), I asked the kids to share a flavor. Here’s what they thought:

S6: I went to Carvel with G8 and Dad. [G8 and I] got Chocolate Crunch. I LOVED it. It was great. It was chocolaty!

G8: We went to Carvel! S6 and I had Chocolate Crunch. It is made of chocolate ice cream and crushed Oreo! I really liked it because there were sometimes chunks of Oreo in it! I liked to eat the chunks of Oreo with ice cream! I liked the store because it is [a] very yummy store! I also like it because it is very, very close.

IMG_8625 I tried Chocolate Volcano. It was primarily a vanilla ice cream with chocolate mixed in. It also had those small chocolate crunchy morsels of goodness that they sometimes put on ice cream cakes. You end up with vanilla and chocolate mixed together with a light crunch in every bite. The combination may sound simple, possibly even boring. But when it hits your mouth, you realize the elegance that is conveyed through its simplicity. Genius. Sheer Genius.

Next time, maybe something with peanut butter cups…

No comments: